In our office it is not only our goal to relieve pain but to keep you pain-free between adjustments. The spinal manipulations used to correct subluxations (misalignments of the spine) can relive pressure and pain in your neck, back, head and other parts of the body but to maintain wellness there are some simple things you can do.
- Stop staring at your smartphone. Are you looking at your phone right now? Notice how your head is positioned, your chin went to your chest and your neck curved into a C-shape. Most human heads weigh between 12-15 lbs. The further our head is away from our shoulders the more it puts tension on our muscles. To save your neck, prop your arms so you are looking at your phone straight on.
- Adjust your computer monitor height.
Raise your computer screen to eye level to reduce to limit neck strain.
- Don’t cross your legs. If you sit at a desk all day be sure your legs are parallel and your feet are planted firmly on the ground.
- Consider adding stretching to your morning routine. Each person is different so be sure to check with your Chiropractor or healthcare physician before incorporating stretches.
- Stop sleeping on your stomach. This may be a difficult thing to change but it will be very beneficial in the long run. Sleeping on your stomach creates strain on your neck because you either have to have your head turned right or left on your pillow. Try sleeping on your back with pillows under your knees or on your side with pillows between your knees. Both positions help maintain the spine’s natural curvature.